Sunday, October 14, 2012

Interactive Base Ten Blocks

Hey, this is my first post here so I will say a little about myself. I am a 5th year teacher that loves using technology in the classroom. Students are spending more and more time using technology each day. Teachers need to utilize this so my focus is to make it easier for you to find ways to make your classroom interactive. Click on the picture if you want to find more interactive sites that are free for you to use in the classroom.

I know we have all used base ten blocks in the classroom. It is a great manipulative for the students to use when working for numbers. I always use them when it is time to subtract. Base ten blocks are great for showing why you have to regroup when you subtract. You swap your tens rod out and get 10 ones to replace it. I always wished there was a way for my tens rod to magically just break apart into 10 ones. Guess what! You can do that here! Finding this site was like Christmas morning for me. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I know my fifth graders will benefit from using these sites. I am excited to try them out this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE using technology in the classroom! Thanks for sharing this great site, Casey!
    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover