Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Estimation Jars & Elements of a Story!

Hey guys! It's Lacie from Polka Dots & Pencils!


I wanted to share a few things with everybody that I am doing this week in my class! First, I have made Halloween Estimation Jars!! Each day leading up to Halloween, my students will estimate how many pieces of candy are in a jar! The student whose estimate is the closest without going over wins the jar of candy! We did the first jar of candy yesterday, and my students LOVED it!! Here is a picture of the jars! Aren't they cute?!?


We have also started reviewing elements of a story this week to lead into the impact of characterization and conflict on plot that we will be learning later on in the week. Here is a graphic organizer that I created last night for my students to fill in during their independent reading time! Just click on the picture to download it for free!


Hope everyone has had a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover