Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Winter Holiday Show

Light Up the World with Celebrations - A Truly Multicultural Holiday Play - Free from Raki's Rad Resources I teach at a small, International School in Morocco.  We are so small that we are our own Enrichment teachers (Art, Music and Drama).  While this sounds like extra work, it’s actually a cool way to get to see a completely different side of our students. 

Since I’m the “Drama Teacher” at this time of the year, I got to play the Holiday Show. The International School environment can be tricky when it comes to winter holidays.  My students are very diverse and I want them to have a chance to appreciate that diversity, especially during the holidays.  I looked and looked for a Holiday Play that would celebrate the extreme diversity found in a school like mine, and not just the big three winter holidays celebrated in the US – Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanza.  When I couldn’t find what I was looking for, I decided to write it.  So, here it is, “a truly multicultural holiday play”.  Named “Light Up the World with Celebrations” this holiday play, complete with 3 songs, celebrates light as the common factor among so many holidays celebrated worldwide.  Some of the holidays included are:  Christmas, Diwali, St. Martin’s Day, Las Posadas, Ramadan, Hanukah,  Winter Solstice, Eid al F’tour, Kwanza and St. Lucia’s Day.  Download a free script from my Teachers Pay Teachers store.

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover