Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Calendar Math in the Upper Grades

I don't know about you, but during my winter break I always seem to revamp things in my room.  I look at what is working....and what isn't....and start to tinker with things.

teachinginroom6.blogspot.comOne area that I am always trying to make better is math instruction.  A few years back, during one of these winter breaks, I came up with something that I really feel has made ALL the difference in the world in my upper grade classroom.  I started doing Calendar Math...and I don't regret it for a second.  In fact, it is THE thing that I feel really cements my math block and helps my kids succeed.

Come on over to my blog to see how I have adapted this concept usually reserved for the primary grades into my class so that my students are receiving daily standards based review.  And pick up your free forms to get started on your own!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover